MINI MARAUDER LEVEL I – Learn To Skate For Hockey
Learn to Skate for Hockey is for kids any age who are new to skating or want to learn to skate in order to play hockey. There is a once a week practice where we work on getting up, balancing, pushing, gliding and stopping. The skaters are placed into groups with similar ability including a separate area for kids that have never skated before. Kids will learn by becoming comfortable on the ice and participating in fun games and drills designed to make kids move and use their edges. The program is not capped at a maximum number, and your child will not be denied a spot.
2019 - 2020 Schedule
- November 3, 2019 through the end of February 2020
- Sunday mornings from 10:50 am to 11:40 am at the Belmont rink
Fee $260 payable in full at registration and is non refundable.
Coaches: Coach Pete Noone and his Junior Marauders will be running the Learn to Skate for Hockey program. If you have any questions about the program, please contact Mike French at Mfrench@fefrench.com or Pete Noone at email@example.com with any questions. Parent volunteers on the ice are always welcome but parents must submit a CORI form and wear a helmet.
Age range: 4-10, if your child is outside the range, please contact one of the program coordinators.
- Skates- Any type of skate is acceptable. Hockey skates are not required.
- Crates – BYHA provides crates for first time skaters
- Helmets - Hockey Helmet with Face Mask are mandatory. BIKE AND SKI HELMETS ARE NOT ALLOWED. Your child will not be allowed to skate without a proper hockey helmet and mask.
- Pads - We recommend hockey shin guards and elbow pads. Full hockey pads are welcome, but not required.
- Hockey Sticks – Players not in the crate area will need a stick.
Equipment can be purchased at a variety of sport good stores in the area. BYHA has a limited amount of used equipment and starter hockey sets.
Register: To register please click here