Level I – Learn To Skate for Hockey
Learn to Skate for Hockey is designed for kids 8 years old or younger who are new to skating or want to learn to skate in order to play hockey. This is one practice per week where kids work on standing up on their skates, balancing on their skates, pushing, gliding and stopping. The skaters are placed into groups with similar ability including a separate area for kids that have never skated before. Hockey equipment is required. Kids will learn by becoming comfortable on the ice and participating in fun games and drills designed to make kids move and use their edges.
Equipment for Learn to Skate
● Skates- Skates are required and we recommend hockey skates.
● Helmet - A hockey helmet with a face mask is mandatory. Bike and Ski helmets do not provide an appropriate level of protection. Your child will not be allowed to skate without a proper hockey helmet and mask.
● Pads – Elbow pads, shin guards, and hockey pants are required. These are important as they will protect your player and make falling less painful. Shoulder pads are not required but can be helpful.
● Gloves - Every skater must have their hands covered for warmth and protection. Hockey gloves are recommended.
● Stick - A hockey stick is not required for Level 1
For information about how to dress a hockey player - please see this video
To register for the program please click here
If you have any program questions please contact Chris Sabo at firstname.lastname@example.org or Pete Noone at email@example.com with any questions