MINI MARAUDER LEVEL II – Learn To Play
Learn to Play Hockey is a 2 day/week program for kids who are still beginning to skate and are ready to learn to play the game of hockey. There will be a practice and a scrimmage each week. Coaches will teach skills of skating, shooting and stick handling through fun drills during practices and work on the and cross ice games. Participants need the full complement of hockey pads. Players will be assigned to a team for the year and a time slot for the scrimmages.
2019 - 2020 Schedule
- The program will run November 2, 2019 through mid March 2020
- Practices will be held Saturday mornings from 8:30 am to 9:50 am at the Belmont Rink
- Scrimmages will be held Sunday mornings from 9:50 am to 10:50 am at Belmont Rink
Fee $480 due in full at registration. All tuition payments are non refundable.
Coaches: Coach Ted Trodden will run the practices. If you have any program questions please contact Mike French at email@example.com or Ted Trodden at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Parent volunteers on the ice are always welcome but parents must submit a CORI form and wear a helmet.
Age range: 5-10, if your child is outside the range, please contact one of the program coordinators.
- Skates- Hockey skates are required
- Helmets - Hockey Helmet with Face Mask are mandatory. BIKE AND SKI HELMETS ARE NOT ALLOWED. Your child will not be allowed to skate without a proper hockey helmet and mask.
- Pads – Chest protector, elbow pads, shin guard, hockey pants, and gloves are required.
Equipment can be purchased at a variety of sport good stores in the area. BYHA has a limited amount of used equipment and starter hockey sets.
Register: To register please click here to complete the BYHA registration, which will require you to enter a USA hockey number. The registration process will take you to USA Hockey to acquire a number. The USA Hockey registration is $40 with an additional fee for Mass Hockey and is needed for insurance purposes. It is free for children 6 and under.