Level II – Learn to Play Hockey
Learn to Play Hockey is a 2 day/week program for ages 5-8. This level is best suited for players who are still beginning to skate and are ready to learn to play the game of hockey. There will be a practice and a cross-ice scrimmage each week. Coaches will teach skills of skating, shooting and stickhandling through fun drills and cross ice games. Participants need the full complement of hockey pads. Players will be assigned to a team for scrimmages for the entire year. The program runs from November to March.
The program runs from November through March.
● Practices are held Saturdays mornings at the Belmont rink.
● Cross-Ice Games will be held Sunday mornings at the Belmont rink.
Coaches: Coach Ted Trodden will run the practices and a BYHA provider will run both sessions. Parent coaches will be needed for each session. Parent volunteers must submit a CORI form and wear a helmet. If you have any program questions please contact Chris Sabo at email@example.com with any questions.
Age Requirement: The age requirement for this level is 5-8 years old.
Equipment Requirement: Full hockey equipment is required for this level.
● Skates- Hockey skates are required
● Helmet - A hockey helmet with a full face mask is mandatory. Bike and Ski helmets do not provide an appropriate level of protection. Your child will not be allowed to skate without a proper hockey helmet and mask.
● Pads – Chest protector, elbow pads, shin guard, hockey pants, and gloves are required.
● Hockey Stick - a hockey stick is required
Equipment can be purchased at a variety of sport good stores in the area. BYHA has a limited amount of used equipment and starter sets.
Registration To register for this program click here