Belmont Youth Hockey Association is dedicated to the character development of Belmont youth through teaching, coaching and playing ice hockey.

My my My my
Belmont Youth Hockey
Meeting Minutes
August 8, 2011

I.          Call to order
A regular meeting of the board of the Belmont Youth Hockey Association (BYHA) was called to order at 7:00 p.m. on August 8, 2011 in the Staff Room at the Belmont Public Library.
II.        Roll call
The following board members were present: Andy Alasso, Dustan Bonnin, Curtis Cole, Jim Finn, Tony Luongo, Paul Miller, John Murphy, Steve Nally, Joe Noone, Dan O’Connell, and Bob Pomer.  Absent from the meeting: Erica Carere, Doug McLaughlin, and Brian Quirk. 
III.       Approval of minutes from last meeting
The minutes from the July 2011 regular board meeting were accepted.
IV.       Financials
BYHA essentially had a break-even year in 2010-11.
VI.       Valley League Update
Preliminary dues have been paid for peewees.  They are looking for a league representative.  VHL games begin as soon as September 6.  Doug McLaughlin and Andy Alasso will make efforts to have VHL games listed on the BYHA website.
VII.     Board Assignments
Will be communicated to board members by Brian Quirk in advance of the next meeting.
VIII.    Coach Assignments
Steve Nally will have a Coaches’ Meeting 8/25 at the library.
IX.       Walk-ins
GBYHL is looking for final numbers for BYHA. 
Mite C:  It is still to be determined whether the Mite C will play in GBYHL or in Medford cross-ice program. 
Mini-Marauder Program:  The Board needs to determine how to proceed with Mini-Marauder program (Learn to Skate, Learn to Play, Mite C), to ensure the program continues to be successful—that the coach should not be the individual ensuring the success of the program.
The board will create a subcommittee to meet with Pete Noone to discuss future of the program, and how to move forward. 
Eagle Scout:  Is there a possibility to assist local Eagle Scout who is unable to complete his project at the Grove St. baseball field.  Is there a project that he can assist with in the rink? Joe Noone will reach out to the Boy Scout to see if there is something he could to do at the rink.
Mite rule changes: Need to know distinct number of cross-ice games are required for teams in the Mites.  Valley League will provide jamborees for teams at the A and B level.  Dustan Bonnin will contact USA hockey to determine the exact requirements of USA Hockey.
Discussion of the merits of small ice hockey games will be discussed at the coach’s meeting this month.
Fundraising—Paul Miller is coordinating an October Big Chill evening at the Wave in Waltham.
Tuition for players participating in more than one BYHA team:  The Board will continue to discuss whether a player participating on more than one BYHA team should be offered discounted tuition for the second team.
XII.     Adjournment
Curtis Cole adjourned the meeting at 8:10 p.m.
Minutes submitted by:  Bob Pomer